Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Year 2?!

Why, yes, it has been almost a full year since I have written in my blog. My first year as a Lasallian Volunteer was absolutely amazing, but it was also incredibly busy!

As I'm sitting here, less than 3 days away from returning to Rhode Island for another year at San Miguel, I would like to promise that I will write in my blog more frequently this year. But I know that would be a hollow promise. I'm sure I would stick to it for the first month and then get way too busy, just like I did this year, and then not write in it ever again.

So I will just say that I will make as best of an effort as I can to write in it.

Following tradition...

Things that made me happy these past couple of weeks:
  • Orientation. For how much I complained about having to go, I really enjoyed it. Coming in with a different perspective was really great. I think I benefited from it. PLUS I get sort of a high from being around all the other LVs =p
  • Finding out I am going to be presenting at the Huether conference in November!
  • Having an "Awesome" prayer at orientation
  • Patrick spending time in Chicago with me and meeting my family! <3

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while... you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller's Day Off

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carly!
    I nominated your blog for a Liebster Award...It's for bloggers with under 200 followers to get to know each other. Check out my post for more information: http://stephanieisms.wordpress.com/2013/08/12/the-liebster-award/
    Have a great second year!!!
    Always,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete